TOP TIPS FOR ‘BACK TO SCHOOL’ HEALTHY LUNCHBOXES
As children go back to school, naturopath and nutritional therapist Caroline Peyton has some tips about healthy lunchboxes for students (and their parents).
Article first published in Total Guide to
“During lockdown, many of us got out of the habit of making lunchboxes and some of us have been eating very unhealthily for a whole range of reasons, not least because initially there was a rush on supermarkets and panic buying.
Now children are starting to go back to school and parents back to work, it’s a good time to think about quick and easy solutions when it comes to the lunchbox.
With all these suggested dishes it is important to consider plenty of protein to help keep your child full and able to concentrate through the afternoon.
At the same time, choosing wholegrains not refined (white) and adding vegetables helps to provide fibre and keep blood sugar stable. This also helps to keep children focused, calm and energized through the day.”
Her top five tips are:
- For a slightly older child, hot soup in a flask is a welcome lunch during the colder months. Consider a lentil soup or a vegetable soup with added mixed beans.
- Wholemeal pasta with tuna, sweetcorn and a tomato sauce (look for lower sugar versions). This can be cooked for two consecutive days and kept in the fridge. Children love this cold. Look for wheat-free pasta versions like chickpea or lentil too.
- Wholemeal pitta bread with a little cream cheese, chicken slices, tinned salmon, tofu (vegan) or hard-boiled egg and cucumber or other salad.
- Oat or sweet potato wraps with a variety of fillings like above.
- Frittata is an Italian style egg dish cooked with potatoes, cheese, herbs, tomatoes and any vegetables you have to hand. This is commonly served cold and makes a very nutritious and filling lunch.
Caroline is an established and leading naturopath and nutritional therapist in Swindon and the Cotswolds. She runs clinics in Swindon, Cirencester and Kempsford and this year celebrated her 10th business anniversary. To find out more visit https://www.peytonprinciples.com
Thank you for reading, keep an eye out for more articles in the press and you can always catch up with the latest here on my blog.
If you would like help and advice on symptoms, diet or health then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Book an Appointment
You can book a free 30-minute consultation with me simply visit www.peytonprinciples.com, call me direct on 07730 513303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading. Keep your eye out for more articles and Peyton Principles in the media.
A little more about me…
Providing expert, personalised, health advice utilising 10 years of nutritional therapy and naturopathy experience with a strong emphasis on digestion and gut health. Zoom or face to face Consultations.
I also develop and deliver wellbeing in the workplace workshops.
Helping people live happier, healthier more active lives.
🔴 Get in touch here ⤵️
🔴 Please make sure you Subscribe ⤵️ to my YouTube Channel
🔴 Join my Facebook group ⤵️ IBS RELIEF: Take Back Your Life with Good Gut Health
Follow me on Social Media for the latest in Natural Health…
Facebook ➡️ https://www.facebook.com/peytonprinci…
Instagram ➡️ https://www.instagram.com/peytonprinc…
Twitter ➡️ https://twitter.com/carolinepy
LinkedIn ➡️ https://www.linkedin.com/company/peyt…